- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and sliced diagonally into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 head garlic, the cloves peeled and halved
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup chopped black olives
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (8 servings)
94 calories; 4 grams fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 3 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 13 grams carbohydrates; 3 grams dietary fiber; 5 grams sugars; 1 gram protein; 134 milligrams sodium
Eight to 10 servings
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over moderately high heat. When the oil is hot, add the carrots, stir to coat with oil and reduce the heat to moderate. Cover and braise for 20 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the garlic, season with salt, stir and continue cooking over low heat until the carrots are almost caramelized and the garlic is soft and tender, about 15 minutes more.
- Sprinkle with the olives, stir and taste for seasoning. Serve hot or at room temperature.