- 1 head radicchio, about 1/4 pound, core removed
- 2 heads bibb lettuce, about 1/4 pound each
- ½ head iceberg lettuce, about 1/4 pound, core removed
- 1 medium-size red onion, sliced into thin rings
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 ½ tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
150 calories; 13 grams fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 9 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 6 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram dietary fiber; 2 grams sugars; 1 gram protein; 14 milligrams sodium
- Rinse, drain and pat dry the radicchio, bibb and iceberg lettuce.
- Stack radicchio leaves and cut into very fine shreds. There should be about 2 cups. Put shreds in a large bowl. Repeat with the bibb and iceberg lettuce. There should be about 2 cups of each. Add to the bowl.
- Add the onion rings, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper and blend well. Serve immediately