- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup finely chopped onions
- ½ teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 cup converted rice
- 2 tablespoons black or golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
226 calories; 3 grams fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 0 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 44 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram dietary fiber; 3 grams sugars; 3 grams protein; 7 milligrams cholesterol; 6 milligrams sodium
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the onions and garlic. Cook and stir until wilted. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil, stirring. Cover tightly and simmer for 17 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and thyme sprigs. Mix well and serve hot.