- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup finely chopped onions
- ¼ pound mushrooms, diced, about 1/3 cups
- ⅓ cup shelled pistachio nuts
- 1 cup rice
- 1 ½ cups fresh or canned chicken broth
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
325 calories; 11 grams fat; 4 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 4 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 44 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram dietary fiber; 2 grams sugars; 10 grams protein; 16 milligrams cholesterol; 590 milligrams sodium
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the butter in a saucepan and add onions. Cook briefly, stirring, until wilted. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, about 2 minutes.
- Add nuts and rice and stir to blend. Add broth, salt and pepper and stir. Cover and simmer exactly 17 minutes. Uncover and stir in the remaining 1 tablespoon butter.