- ⅓ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup water
- ½ teaspoon mirin (Japanese rice wine)
- 2 teaspoons matcha (powdered Japanese green tea)
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ cup half and half
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (2 servings)
246 calories; 8 grams fat; 5 grams saturated fat; 2 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 38 grams carbohydrates; 38 grams sugars; 3 grams protein; 28 milligrams cholesterol; 53 milligrams sodium
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and water and stir over low heat until the sugar melts. Simmer 5 minutes longer, then stir in the rice wine. Remove from heat.
- In a small dish, dissolve the tea in one tablespoon of the sugar syrup, then stir the tea mixture back into the rest of the syrup.
- Stir in the milk and half and half. Chill.
- When the mixture is cold, place it in an ice-cream maker and churn it until thickened and smooth. Transfer to a container and freeze for an hour or two to firm it.