- 1 pound fettuccine
- 1 small onion chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ pound morels
- ¾ cup chicken stock, preferably homemade
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
513 calories; 8 grams fat; 4 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 1 gram monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 91 grams carbohydrates; 5 grams dietary fiber; 4 grams sugars; 18 grams protein; 16 milligrams cholesterol; 86 milligrams sodium
4 to 6 servings
- Bring 6 to 8 quarts of water to boil for the fettuccine. Meanwhile, soften the onion in the butter in a skillet. If they are gritty, rinse the morels quickly under running water. Slice the caps and chop the stalks.
- Add the morels to the onions with the stock. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook the fettuccine until al dente. Drain and combine in a heated bowl with the morels and the parsley. Toss immediately and serve, passing the Parmesan cheese separately.