- 6 medium-size sweet potatoes, about 3 pounds, peeled and quartered
- 1 pound Cajun andouille sausage (kielbasa or chorizo may be substituted)
- 3 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- Pinch sugar
- 1 large red onion, peeled and chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (6 servings)
525 calories; 28 grams fat; 8 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 14 grams monounsaturated fat; 3 grams polyunsaturated fat; 53 grams carbohydrates; 7 grams dietary fiber; 12 grams sugars; 13 grams protein; 43 milligrams cholesterol; 903 milligrams sodium
4 main course servings or 6 to 8 side dish servings
- Bring about four quarts of water to a boil, add the sweet potatoes and boil until just tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Preheat grill or broiler.
- Grill or broil the sausage over medium heat, turning frequently, until browned and cooked through, eight to 10 minutes for precooked sausage, 12 to 15 minutes for uncooked. Remove sausage from the heat, slice 1/4-inch thick and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the mustard and oil, then add the vinegar and sugar and whisk until well blended.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes and put them in a large mixing bowl. Pour the dressing over them and add the onion, sausage slices, salt and pepper to taste. Mix well but gently, so the potatoes hold their shape. Sprinkle with parsley, and serve warm or cooled.