- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- ⅔ cup pistachio nuts, shelled
- 1 cup converted rice
- 1 ½ cups fresh or canned chicken broth
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
375 calories; 16 grams fat; 5 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 6 grams monounsaturated fat; 3 grams polyunsaturated fat; 46 grams carbohydrates; 2 grams dietary fiber; 2 grams sugars; 11 grams protein; 16 milligrams cholesterol; 589 milligrams sodium
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the butter in a saucepan and add onion and garlic. Cook briefly, stirring, until wilted. Add nuts and rice and stir to blend.
- Add broth, salt and pepper, bay leaf and parsley sprigs and stir to blend. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for exactly 17 minutes.
- Uncover rice and remove bay leaf and parsley. Stir in the remaining tablespoon of butter with a fork.
About 30 minutes